Friday 15 July 2011

My Rating System

In this post I will explain my rating system.

Product: This category can receive a maximum of 15 points. The points I give simply reflect how much I like it and nothing else.

Value: This category can also receive a maximum of 7 points. It basically tells you how good the product is for the price. This does not mean that an Essence lipstick will get a higher rating than a Dior lipstick because it's unfair to compare them. The comparison is made between products in the same price range (e.g. A Dior lipstick which gives you twice as much product as other high-end lipsticks).

Ease of use: This category only gets 4 points and it's not very important. It basically tells you if the product is not travel friendly and if the application is lengthy or difficult (e.g bare minerals foundation which gets all over the place).

Packaging: This also gets 4 points. It's not something I usually look for in a product but impractical packaging can be a turn off. If I really like the product I will still use it but I probably won't consider it Holy Grail material.

Overall: The total number of points a product can receive is 30. Anything which scores 27 or above is Holy Grail material (even if it isn't my specific favourite). The 30 point system comes from the Italian university system. In American terms...

30 = A*

27-29 = A

22-26 = B

18-21 = C

14-17 = D

10-13 = E

Less than 10 = F

This is roughly the conversion, I will put both ratings in every review I post. Hope everything is clearer!





In questo post voglio spiegare il mio sistema di valutazione. Il punteggio massimo è 30 e vi sono 4 categorie di cui tenere conto.

Prodotto: Questa categoria può ricevere un massimo di 15 punti ed è quella che conta di più. Indica quanto mi è piaciuto il prodotto in questione.

Rapporto Qualità/Prezzo: Questa categoria può ricevere un massimo di 8 punti. Non è detto che un rossetto Essence riceva un punteggio maggiore di un rossetto Dior. Non confronterei mai i due. Ciò che voglio specificare è che il confronto avviene tra prodotti simili in prezzo e qualità, ad esempio Dior e Chanel.

Facilità di utilizzo: Massimo 4 punti, non è una categoria importante. In genere non ha molto peso per me ma vi possono essere prodotti così scomodi da usare e poco pratici da impedirmi di apprezzarli pienamente e quindi da usarli spesso. 

Packaging: Sempre 4 punti massimo, non ha molto peso. Se adoro un prodotto lo utilizzerò a prescindere dal packaging. 

Punteggio totale: Massimo 30, da 27 a 30 per me ha valore di un Holy Grail product (per chi non lo sapesse, Holy Grail, o HG, è IL prodotto, quello che preferite in assoluto e di cui  non potete fare a meno. 


No comments:

Post a Comment